Wednesday, July 18, 2012

skinny

Can you call? I was mighty
Moonbeaming my antebellum picture shelf
Brighter than light. My participation flighty
My pencil skinny and sharp. I shelve
The season - the kissable lilac - behind


Believing. And what is better?
A cloudless straight-shot to a flowerpot;
A rainbowed riverstone could not be wetter.
I am hunching, listening to the landscaped plot
Envious of the loved-enough and the left-behind


Flakes of aquamarine whatchamacallits pop
In and out around the umbrellad vista-scene
Like unshackled joy firecracking, oh!, from atop
A jovial passage from an extended kindergarten dream
Gold and jade katydid keepsake left behind


I am not your hailstorm emporium
Meandering epidemic muzzling of television sets
Flooding your hopes with paraplegic comforts
I've unlocked sadness and death and still
Have restless feet. Every wasted joy relaxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment