Friday, July 27, 2012

1985

You never smiled when you were supposed to.
Where does sincerity travel. Loving you, and all
your fears, trusting the night - every day.
Your untimely smile thieves my futures
limiting variations.

Closing those I was probably dressed for
I dress for you - you steal my clothes
striking me with solemnity.

But the jokes still tickle, hands still tremble.
America - and your ubiquitous reasons,
you were never a man
were you.

To be inexperienced and aged through relation-
the blues without music, your beats are only
big business. The back of my head, but she
still loves me. Disregarding your tributaries
and your lakes as grains of sand
but they are salt.

The consolation of the stars that you don't
believe in whimper, while constellations
of thought that you no longer understand
smile and wait. I am only one chain reaction.
Shy with undiscovered love - nervous of 
The Big One - you sing to me,
sweet as you are.

Tumbling down the newspapers, only catching the headlines.
Your smile will one day be seen or you will die.

Ladies and gentlemen: the distance to Heaven
by the way of railroad tracks, reflecting Revelations
in the moonlight - cracks in fresh steal black-
it is still the same.

Still I find newness in you every day-
and when I look, I'm left in the dark
staring. If every heart is the same,
you've created an exception in me.
If you haven't noticed, the poor 
don't even work anymore; their
opium is distracted, it seems.

[Aging infant in solitude - new wave fossil.
A moment in your mind and I would die
for you - but we already don't exist,
it seems.]

No comments:

Post a Comment