Sunday, April 16, 2017

All Inclusive

I should know you better than that
After acres of summers spent
After a funny hospital
After all those interiors
Entering the miles ahead jumbled
More miles than actual
And you? Yes, I did take that deep breathe
We will be painted, I guess
Without any awkward fight
Rising above staying down
The amber finch
Stealthily whispers the future
Just louder than the silence
Of this poem
Unfortunately in some bird language
(Finch, likely)
And we continue, silent
Heaven is somewhere
Around here
With only the emotions available
(Or, all the emotions available-
Or, available to all emotions available-
Or, I really can't remember,
But maybe something about an all-inclusive
Cruise?)
Oh, never mind
It's just a finch
In my dreams recently
Wonder if I could be pardoned?
It's just a flutter
But so much can happen
"It's all relative"
"Yeah, nice fabric"
(Each note struck upon the peak
Of the thingy with the crustaceany
Beak of the ambery finch
Fired with the echoing intensity of
kindergarten, times two.)

No comments:

Post a Comment