Monday, February 22, 2016

ONE OF FIVE, ONE BEFORE, GENERALITY, TANGENT

dancing on broken branches
(but I don't dance)
it didn't adapt-
or, adopt-
onus unknown, I
usually lose myself
(or at least, occasionally)
what I'm saying is
I wasn't very me
we weren't very we
people say passion
probably don't know

(don't lone alone
or together-
see that fruit?
completely confident)

comely pineapple
slow train below
segmented stop sign
sporting caffeine
with some shopping
(groceries, mostly)
wet, without rain
still without sun
green enough
still mostly gray

she seemed so plain
face heavily powdered
purchased- 
no, puckered - lips
perhaps she secretly sniffs cocaine
eyes heavily powdered
too thick to see into
freely forgotten, possibly a shame

people say apostrophe
people say slash
people sit on couches
and chairs and
watch television in pairs
and fall in love or
maybe just lust and
lay on couches and 
toss and tumble then
fight and fuss and
sit on couches watching
television with hate,
indifference, and maybe
not even lust and confused
feelings of necessity

making dinner
for a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment