Tuesday, January 26, 2016

LEFTOVERS

lips in the valley - glazed with the dust
with the antique woodpecker
with the leftover pie crust
there is soda in the fridge
for the kids
I was falling apart with you
I had to
this is your bait
catching light
clinically, not casually
some kind of lust
"gimme the message"
lost memories like
lingering pile of snow
smoked black, just
like a little mountain
that's not my tree
walking backwards against winter
sticky feelers dark
fake shadows
can everyone be used
in some way or another?
like
"blah, blah, blah"
again, what if I have to choose?
catching thoughts not thought
"may I ask you a question,
or two?"
you have an ambiguous grace
an accidental will of your own
as they say
you've lied before
but are you a community, or alone?
I wish you were we, nonetheless
boy, wouldn't that be!

No comments:

Post a Comment