Sunday, June 24, 2012

succinct remains

holy transparency, could you hide for me the real truth?
try midnight, try tones of alabaster,
try rising from the remembrances of the fall.
aspire your eyes, your tender, broken roses
open your glorious celebrations, water your idealism
the golden harvest, I can touch it
the length of your fear, I can reach it
stretches of echoes and love's intentions -
I require the midnight horizon
to be painted with coffee immediately -
there are no mindful ghosts alive this night.
Listen, lovely little leaflet:
the nations are now distorted.
the pulse between my ankle and heel
dances with desire for you with no complications.
If Heaven were less than halfway here
there would be no meaning in this
empty drinking jar, where the scent of
life succinctly remains. This much I reveal.
You will find joy in the dregs of the coaster below.
Above, my caffeinated moon releases
these sweet, silvery reveries.
My thankfulness is electric and final.

No comments:

Post a Comment