Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ambush

To have lived for such a little while
freckled with marriage, diapers and death
I alone steal as much as I can get
My theft expands the cosmopolitan telephone
the plastic cosmos are mine
your cosmetic freckles are mine
my life alone: blushing,
I decline.
In such a short time, each
vacant heart lusts soil
littered with bones,
honey bees, and mercy -
none can be promised.
"Innocence" acts with a shiver,
enamoring you, while I steal your
future, and your tears, too.
Eager for bones and honey bees,
I steal your ears and eyes - 
You, first, were blind to see.
Halfway between selfishness
and prudence, your words
I steal, leaving you with the 
quenchless universe, your 
passive life, and the 
eternal lipstick that I stole for you.
I return your freckles, infused with
cosmos tears and words, 
and marry you.
Your future was already mine.
My theft is unaltering.
My mother wept
when I gave it to her.
In such a short time
and with so much more
we mirror alone
gazing silently -
secret spirits devouring
the life we were given.
My sour stillness unloosens
the luxuries - the cosmos
in the mirror belong to you.
The fallen skies within dizzy
chunks of moon until
I close my eyes and throat
and lie ambushed by life.

No comments:

Post a Comment