Friday, September 23, 2011

honey



honey
-sweet, delicious, and delightful-

I

leg bruises from
night knees

sentimental items
sleepy eyes

who can believe in
choice, with no voice

who's is that?
that hair

honey, you're a catch

honey, you know what

I don't think I've ever
seen you before and
I might as well
love you.

Whether you want me
to or not.

honey do you know
what dreams are

dreams are the

green eyes, hazel eyes,
brown, brown, brown eyes

your brown, honey eyes
(yum!)  (?)

I don't see
why I shouldn't
love you.

Well, from someone
else's perspective I do
but not from mine.

honey we've got time

II

honey, remember
that part about dreams
I was out of my mind
and it's a sin to waste time
well, as far as dreams,
as far as I can tell,
there's a reality too
and I can't tell you
much about either
or certainly
which one we're in
and for that
I'm to blame
but
if it's all the same
I like it that way

III

oh man
I said it's a sin to waste time
and that's true, but
I was out of my mind
and honey, I don't mean that
at all about you
this is about time, and space
and feeling out of place of both
like pain that doesn't hurt but
you know it should and you
want to feel it and feel where
its coming from and feel where
its hitting and feel where
it slams you into place
and time
I want that pain
honey, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment