Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hotel Poem

The hotel I live in
isn't open anymore.
I don't know what
I should do.


I'm not afraid,
I just don't like
you. I'm sorry.


The exception to
the rule is a sad
song, and it
happens everyday.


Your eyes still shine.
It reminds me
of childhood.


The heart of the
country is a myth;
or,
it's you and me.


Imagine taking
your mask off,
and smiling.


I love you, but
more for who
you ought to be,
you see.


Why didn't I think:
What in the
world?


It's getting to the
point where things
get sad, and I don't
want that.


But I've learned
to keep going,
and smile.


Live through this
and you can't go
back.
It's closed.


You cannot live
there much
longer.


Beauty is ageless,
that is the main
reason why it
doesn't exist.


This
should be a good one.
Try as you might.


Let me just
sleep,
and dream,
one more night.


Let me begin
where I have
failed to end.


Wait for me,
She said to him.
He didn't, or
so it's told.

No comments:

Post a Comment