Monday, June 28, 2010

a dreamer's dream

my head at night, late at night
not the same as in the day
not the same in any way
somewhat eerie but not a fright
consistently contemptible
but occasionally a delight


it seems that I
have lost my head
it last was seen
out in the bed
among the flowers
unusually red
though in between
there was some green

essentially important
it is to find
I seem to be
a bit behind
additionally
I am blind
oh - some caffein
in my head unseen

I cannot divine
where my finest might've gone
it was in the garden
comfortable at dawn
sniffing incessantly
and digging the lawn
this whimsical scene
reminds of a fabled halloween

after all of my effort
I thought it be wise
to give it a try
to open mine eyes
and in more than a moment
I was made to realize
that in my day, in between
I must have dwindled in to a dream

so it wasn't at all
my head gone adrift
twas my mind with no time
that flew away swift
to daydream indeed
is a glorious gift
and a dream pristine
is any dreamer's dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment