Thursday, May 13, 2010

with the mountains

i was with the mountains today
they were cold, like an apple, but colder, and crisper
there were trees, too, like most mountains
the sun struggled to get through
as did the snow, white still
not yet trampled and tarnished by the earth
not by anyone, in fact, not one living soul
of any kind did i see
gone south, like my neighbor
or underground, like the dead
it was me alone, as far as i could see
the sun, trees, the snow, and me
water still dripping, quickly freezing
forming icicles, i could have watched each one
if i wanted to, but it helped to keep moving
he didn't mind me being there, the mountain
he could have shivered, just like me
at just the right time, and he would be free
i would have fallen to his feet
to slowly be absorbed
and quickly be forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment