Friday, February 19, 2010

why, why...and why - or maybe just peace

peace
as they say
sure, sounds great.
between you and I?
we'll see
(please)
as I lean by
the window
(of peace)
all I have to do
fall through
and then I,
will have peace...with you?
...
why can't you lean?
why must I do all the work?
why can't I (dream)?
why can't I - why, why, and why?
...
so I must sacrifice?
I must...sacrifice...
to have peace - with you?
in truth, that's all I've ever
really wanted to do
all I've ever
really wanted to do
is just have peace with you.
the problem is
(me)
admitting it
why am I so stubborn?
why am I so hard?
(my heart)
why do I struggle,
struggle, and struggle?
and fight, to keep my guard?
I scream I thrash I tear I rip
inside
(and I haven't a clue)
what must I do?
what must I, you, we - do?
you must realize
I'm not talking about me
I'm talking about you.
I'm talking about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment