Friday, January 15, 2010

request via my ma

from '05


I admit

I am a human

so have some taste

and don’t disgrace

our simple race

look at me

and you may see my flaws

take a moment, a simple short pause

look at yourself

and begin again to rate

because no matter what you think or say

simply, you are what you hate

look in my eyes

and you may see a bit of pride

but from yourself, you must not hide

look at my life

and you may see my transgressions

but to yourself, you must also make confessions

look inside my head

and you may see my vices

but on your head, you have your own prices

no matter what you say, I am not budging

for I have learned the meaninglessness of judging

so before you arbitrate, let me reiterate

simply, you are what you hate

No comments:

Post a Comment